There are many individual O.T.O. organizations and groups that operate outside of the formal and legal jurisdiction of the Californian nonprofit religious corporation which also holds the exclusive copyright for the name Ordo Templi Orientis.
Ordo Templi Orientis, O.T.O., and the O.T.O. Lamen design are registered trademarks of said corporation, Ordo Templi Orientis.
There are many other organizations and groups, of course, disseminating the spiritual current of Thelema according to their Will: B.O.T.O., O.T.O.A., Typhonian O.T.O., S.O.T.O., O.T.O.F., Ordo Templi Occultis etc.
Much like in the case of various A.'.A.'. groups, in reality there is no 'One True Lineage' or 'One True Teacher' above all others - aspirants and magicians from all over the world are freely following inner Will beyond temporal human organizations/corporations and personal projections on the Thelemic spiritual current, for:
"There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt." Liber AL III-60
Texts and links of interest:
- Liber LII Manifesto of the O.T.O. >> (a new page opens up)
- Liber CLXI Concerning the Law of Thelema >> (a new page opens up)
- O.T.O. around the world, a list of countries where most popular and known version of the O.T.O. is present. (a new page opens up)
- 5 Things To Expect After Leaving O.T.O. (a new page opens up)
- 8 things I wish I knew as a newbie in the O.T.O. >> (a new page opens up)